Our Fulani Kidnappers Told Us After Buying Enough Weapons, They Will Bomb Igboland, Take Over Nigeria – Methodist Prelate, Uche Recounts Ordeal

Spread the love

His Eminence Samuel Uche, the Prelate of Methodist Church Nigeria, has revealed that the Fulani herders who kidnapped him and others tortured him to the point where he nearly lost his sight after hitting his right eye on a tree.

The cleric who described his near-death experience at the hands of kidnappers said there were eight of them in total, all Fulani herders with one claiming to be from Abia State.

The Bishop of Owerri, Rt. Rev. Dennis Mark, and his chaplain, Very Rev. Abidemi Shittu, were abducted on Sunday along the Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway in the Umunneochi Local Government Area of Abia State

Uche claimed that some military personnel from the north were assisting the kidnappers in their activities in the region during a press conference held at Methodist Church in Yaba, Lagos State, on Tuesday.

“These people came out of the bush; they divided themselves into three places; some people fired at us, and another group stood in front to make sure we didn’t flee; they fired shots at our vehicle, and eventually they abducted three of us,” the Prelate said.

“They abducted me, the bishop of Owerri, and my chaplain, and took us to the bush and tortured us,” says the chaplain. I hit my right eye on a tree while being tortured in this manner. They didn’t feel like anything happened, even when blood was flowing and I was rubbing my eyes with a handkerchief.

“All they said was that we should follow them; that they weren’t really against Nigerian citizens, but rather against the government, and that the government was bad.”

“They are Fulani boys; all eight are Fulanis; they said they would chew the president or any of his representatives raw the day they see him; that he is their brother, but he has disappointed them and Nigeria.”

“I said, even though I work for the government, I’m a churchman, not a government official; they said, okay, that’s what saved you; otherwise, we would have killed you without asking for a ransom, but now that you’re a churchman, let’s go inside the bush.”

“I trekked up for about 15 kilometers, but I knew we were wasting our time; we were going up and down, and at 11 p.m., they said, ‘OK, now we can negotiate; each of us will pay N50 million, and we will pay N150 million.’” I thought it was a joke when I said we’d pay N10 million, and they replied, “What?” Don’t say that; when they tried to cut me with their knife, I said, “Please hold on.”

The group’s leader, according to the cleric, is around 35 years old, while the others are around 18.

He claimed they had taken his rings, chain, and all of his money and demanded N150 million in ransom.

The abductors later reduced the ransom to N100 million, warning that if they negotiate, they will be killed, according to the clergyman.

“All right, I said. We will compensate you with N100 million. They asked where the money was after a while, and I said, “This is Sunday night, how can we get money this night?” They said, “You know, there’s this sit-at-home thing in Igbo land,” and I said, “You know, there’s this sit-at-home thing in Igbo land.” We can’t afford the money right now, but if you wait until the morning, we’ll make contact.”

The kidnappers, according to Uche, ran out of patience, laid Bishop Dennis Mark down, raised a knife to cut him, and pointed a gun at him (prelate) to show that they were serious.

“I told them we’d raise the money for you,” she said. But the irony was that they were stationed at Lomara junction, where the soldiers, all of Fulani descent, Nigerian soldiers, were stationed, and these boys were trailing them. Meanwhile, they kept their cows, which numbered around 200, somewhere.

He claimed that some people were looking after the cows while the abductors paraded them around the bush until they found a suitable location.

“They asked, ‘When are you bringing the money?’ I replied, ‘When are you bringing the money?’ I said that by 12 p.m., I’d call the people I’d contacted to see if the money had been raised, and when I did, they said that they were gathering the money and that they had heard it because I said I’d use my phone to talk, and they couldn’t because they didn’t want to be tracked.

“Their leader was born in Igbo territory, but both of his parents died. He said he was born in the Umuahia Amuzukwu area and that his father was a cow dealer. “The boy knew Igbo,” he said.

He claimed the leader threatened to kill them if they told security operatives about the N100 million ransom.

The leader instructed them to purchase five ‘Ghana must go’ bags, each containing N20 million. They left to collect the ransom, while four others with guns remained behind.

“Around 5.30pm, the youngest boy, who I believe is their commander’s younger brother, said ‘Oga, congratulations, you are free, you can go now,” he said. You are free to leave now that we have received our funds. Allow me to show you the way.’

“They took us to Old Road and wrote ‘welcome to Imo’ and ‘goodbye from Abia’ on the wall.

“They told us that once they had enough weapons, they would bring all the people who had been driven out of Zamfara, Katsina, and Sambisa Forest, and they would settle in Igbo land and deal with us.”

“Do you know the Ibadan expressway?” he inquired. We’ve taken over the entire bush there, as well as the South-South, and we’re waiting for the slightest signal to finish you people and take over this land. They claimed Fulani control of Nigeria.”

The priest claimed that Fulani military personnel were assisting kidnappers who pretended to be herders during the day but were actually kidnappers at night.

He urged the government to act quickly, warning that “otherwise, what is going on in the north will be child’s play.”

He claimed that it was the Methodist Church of Nigeria and its members who worked to secure his release, not government security agencies.

Source : Sahara Reporters

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.